Monday 21 January 2013

Spotlight on T Straps

Today at Hosiery For Men we are actually going to feature a really innovative product designed for women. Many women do indeed read this blog and I have had positive feedback from several who find the reviews and features informative and useful.

Aretha Solanke is the creator and owner of T Straps and she recently spoke to Hosiery For Men about the product.



Can you tell Hosiery for Men readers how you got the idea for T Straps? 

I came up with the concept for the T Strap in October 2010 when I was at a concert. I had been looking forward to it for ages. I'd recently lost some weight and was feeling great, so I decided to wear a fitted dress and a pair of tights; however all I could think about for the whole night was the location of my tights, which were slowly slipping from my waist. I spent the whole night running back and forth to the bathroom to yank my tights up, needless to say I couldn’t really enjoy the concert.

On my way home that night, frustrated and annoyed, I searched Google for something to help hold my tights up. There was nothing out there in the stores or online to help and approximately eight months, and many trials and demos, later the T Strap was born.



What are T Straps and how do they work? 
The T Straps consist of two independent straps with button hole fastenings at either end of the straps. The top end can be attached to the users bra while the bottom end is attached to the users' tights. The degree of space between the users' tights and leggings can be adjusted with the adjustable clasp in the middle which can suspend or extend the length of the strap. So one size really does fit all.



I see that you had a chance to present the product on the BBC programme Dragons' Den. What was that experience like?
I signed a non disclosure agreement that prevents me from talking about the experience. However you can watch my presentation to the Dragons on YouTube.



Did appearing on Dragons' Den helped raise the profile of T Straps? 

Yes definitely. It's been fantastic. I immediately saw a 30% increase in sales once the show aired, and it's gone from strength to strength since.

What are your plans for the future? Do you have ideas for any other innovative products? 

My main focus at the moment is to increase awareness about the T Straps, and yes I do have a whole host of product ideas that I plan to develop in time.

There has been a huge amount of media coverage of 'mantyhose' (tights for men) in recent months. What are your thoughts about men wearing tights? 

I think men wearing tights is a brilliant idea; almost a no-brainer really because during the winter months the warmth provided by a good pair of tights makes a potentially unbearable journey to work a little more bearable. I couldn't function without a good pair of tights and for as long as I can remember my dad always used to wear a pair of thermal long johns under his trousers. So I guess tights are a more modern, sleeker alternative for men.

To men thinking about trying tights, what would you say are the main benefits of wearing them? 

They're great for keeping you warm and they're great at giving the illusion of a seamless finish under your clothing.

What can Hosiery For Men readers can do support your venture? 

Ladies can buy themselves a pair, and then leave a review on Facebook or Twitter.

Men can buy a pair for their partners and score some star brownie points for being so thoughtful!


Thanks for talking to Hosiery For Men Aretha. I hope readers find this feature useful and I hope that it increases awareness of T Straps.



Hosiery For Men is kept going by hosiery retailers and manufacturers who generously provide samples for review. Readers can also support this blog by clicking on any of the advertisements displayed and checking out the products on offer. Each time you do this you are making a valuable contribution and help to ensure that Hosiery For Men continues. Thanks for your continued support.

3 comments:

  1. This is a very intriguing device! It would be nice to see how it could be adapted for men!I have been wondering about this for a while! I could use it for dome of my leggings and tights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably You can use a regular trousers suspenders?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little device, I will be interested to see how popular it becomes.

    ReplyDelete