Friday 26 August 2011

Tights retailers and men: Part 1






I buy most of my tights online these days, although I occasionally like to visit stores to browse and buy.

The online market for tights seems to have grown massively in recent years and some retailers now maintain specific parts of their website for male customers. I suspect this is because they are aware that there are many men who are buying tights for themselves and this is now an important segment of their market.

The retailer Tights Please maintains a Tights for Men page on their website. They state:

"At Tights Please we know how popular tights for men are and a number of our customers are men buying hosiery for themselves. If this is the first time you're buying tights for yourself we’d recommend you try the reasonably priced Cette Dublin Tights."



The Tights Please web page features a wide-range of tights recommended for male customers. I have tried the Charnos 60 Denier opaque tights, the Wolford 66 Velvet De Luxe opaque tights and also the Falke Pure Matt 100 Denier tights. These have all been great purchases. I have yet to try the Cette Dublin Tights, but hope to do so and also write a review. According to the retailer they are their current bestselling tights for men.They are available in colours other than black, such as brown and dark blue, which is a real plus as I get a bit bored sometimes with black opaques.

Tights Please genuinely encourage feedback and dialogue with male customers:

"What are your favourite pairs of tights for men? Would you like to see more patterned tights on our tights for men pages? Let me know, I'd love to hear your feedback, email me now customercare@tightsplease.co.uk"

Regarding patterned tights - well, I hope to blog about that soon as I reckon that some styles would look really good under trousers, especially the ones that have an Arygle sock type pattern. I am going to research some patterned styles shortly and plan to ask some retailers for their recommendations. Look out for the future blog post.

Tights Please recently carried out a Men in Tights survey. I haven't seen the outcome of this but will try and obtain it to post later.

Anyway, top marks to Tights Please for their attention to men who wear tights and their genuine efforts to learn more about that segment of their customers.

No comments:

Post a Comment